Thursday, September 08, 2005

"so what do you do for fun?"

a seemingly innocent question asked by one of the firm's partners while at lunch. but i didn't have an answer. it turns out that i have no hobbies of any interest. i don't think i've ever had time for hobbies before. i had time in the summers but who wants to get into something that you'll have to abandon in three months?

so i'm on a search for some good, interesting hobbies. the trying to learn chinese thing isn't working out too well (i don't think i have enough patience). does anyone have any suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I like to rent movies from the IMDB list of top 250 movies of all time. Moop Fiance and I have rented Network, North by Northwest, Adam's Rib and lots of others. Does that count?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jakko said...

I think you could count reading as one of your hobbies. How about MMOs? Embrace your geekness!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Coffinberry said...

Try crochet...

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger naechstehaltestelle said...

Ni yao xue hui shou zhong guo hua me? I recommend "Making Out in Chinese" which is not as dirty as it sounds. I also recommend just watching a few movies (my strategy for learning French). That's a good hobby for you: "I like watching obscure Chinese movies about the Cultural Revolution with no subtitles so I can grasp the language" Take that, Partner!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger ERG said...

Try scuba diving. I got into it after taking the bar, and it is probably the best thing I've ever done. So much fun. And you can combine it with travel -- it's best somewhere like the Philippines, Malaysia, etc. Congrats on passing the bar!
ERG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home